Customer Requirements: This project involved the development of a system to create and manage a centralized searchable database of documents for the Citibank EMEA Investments Region. The Citibank Investments Analysis and Product team is centralized in London for the Europe, Middle East and Asia Region. This team was responsible for making available the various documents available related to Fund houses and the Mutual Funds Markets in general, such as, prospectus, annual reports, market research reports, fund fact sheets, etc., to the various sales teams in each of the countries in these regions. The sheer volume of the documents and the varied sources made it necessary to have a centralized archive available which could be accessed by the various countries instead of their having to be distributed or obtained independently.
The Content Database Management System developed has the following features:
- User Interface to create and maintain a database of documents organized and categorized by various filters like, Fund code, Fund House, Language, Document Type, Region, etc.
- Provide a facility to search the database and retrieve the document for viewing/download by various users in different countries through Citibank's internal global network.
- Integration of this database with the Mutual Fund Sales System, to provide immediate access to these documents at the Sales Point.
- Application Development: Java, EJB, JSP, and XML
- Web Server: Weblogic 5.1
- Database: Oracle 8i
- Operating System: Sun Solaris 2.7